Wednesday 2 April 2014

It feels a little bit like spring



With a the rain and no cold snap winter has felt never ending, this effects all oour moods and even the food we eat. Cold wet wind days call for stews and soup but now the weather has started to turn salads and pizza are the order of the day.
To help me through the long winter I booked a trip to River Cottage, a few days away in Devon where just what I needed to inspire me for the year ahead. 
River Cottage is a great location set at the bottom of a valley must be a wonderful place to work, this showed by the passion of the staff. Working with produce from your own garden really does a lot, the meats are bread nearby and the coast is only a few miles away. 
In Northern Ireland we should have a place like this after all the best produce comes from here. 
The course I attended was on Bread, an imformitive and fun day with lots of food I think the photos below will tell the story better than me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment