Saturday 6 September 2014

Bread and Butter

 Last Saturday while I was in London I visited Crystal Palace Food Market http://www.crystalpalacefoodmarket.co.uk/sample-page/ this is what I came away with.


As well as a lot of inspiration after talking to organisers and producer and bakers thank you all. 
Oh nearly forgot 4 LPs all for £1 playing now perfect Stevie Wonder Songs in the key of life. 

So a few days later I still had some amazing Sourdough left some butter and a small tub of raw cream, bread and butter a must make.
All I need was organic eggs, I had raisens in the cupboard as well as marmalade. 
The cream was solid a wonderful thick grassy fruity tasting cream, I whisked it together with two egg and added a little water just to losen it slightly and a teaspoon of sugar.  
Cut the remaining sourdough spread it thickly with butter and marmalade then layered it in a Pyrex dish with raisens and poured over the custard mix pressed down the bread so it soaked up all the wonderful raw goodness. Set it in the fridge for a few hours to allow the sourdough to soak up the custard. Before baking I let the pudding get to room temp and sprinkled a few teaspoons of brown sugar on top. Then baked it for about 35 mins at 165 oC I kept a good eye on it as I had never used the oven before, I would recomend adding a ban Marie but didn't have a dish suitable in the rented apartment. 
Served on its own wonderfully rich. 

No comments:

Post a Comment