Thursday 3 January 2013

Slow cooked Goat leg from @williamrhaire

 Goat Leg  Slow Cooked in red wine tomato and garlic

I have quite a few cuts of Goat in the freezer from @williamrhaire
thanks to my friend Laura aka ( @daydreamfoodie ) . So herself and Matt the Potter planned a dinner at my house to use some of this fine meat. 
I have never cooked a leg of Goat before so once it had defrosted I marinated the meat in 3/4 of red wine a clove of garlic and herbs, peppercorns and salt. I left this over night and then placed it in a slow cooker in the morning with a few carrots and an onion as well as 500g of Passata and topped the liquid up with water to barley cover the meat. Before I left for my morning walk I turned the slow cooker on to low and checked it 4 hrs later, at this stage it was tender but not falling off the bone so I gave it another 3 hours before turning it off. Now taste and season. 
Before serving with veg and potatoes I took 2 ladles of cooking liquid and reduced it to half the amount and thickened it with a roux amd seasoned before serving. 
Very tasty and easy food! 
For a dessert I was making the most of reduced products from the local shops, Ricotta, fresh cranberries and orange. To make I made a quick jam with the fresh cranberries and allowed that to cool before mixing with Ricotta and the zest of an orange and sugar to sweeten. Then I added the mix to small jam jars and put into fridge to set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment